school
Sunday, May 18, 2008
A Doctors Day
So I took Ryan to the doctor for his 3 year check-up. Well most kids do not like going to the doctor including Ryan. So that morning when we were getting ready he asked me where are we going and I said "oh just to an appointment". And my smart 3 year old said "is my doctor at this appointment?" I said yes and so the rest of the morning he cried telling me he did not want to go. He kept saying I am not sick I do not need to go to the doctor. Well we finally got there and he kept asking me if this was a doctors appt for me or him. I tried to avoid the question!! So as you can guess I was expecting the worst. However, my son AMAZED me. He did not cry once. He did everything the doctor said. He even got a shot, did not even phase him. Then the doctor told me he needed blood drawn. I thought oh great we did so good now he has to have a needle in his arm. So we go to the lab and again, he AMAZED me. He sat on my lap and watched the man take his blood and didn't even flinch or cry or anything. He was more upset when the man put cotton and tape around his arm. He wanted that off right away. So he got a sucker and off he went happy as can be. I was so proud of him. We went to Wendys for lunch. So what I was expecting to be a bad day turned into a day that I got to enjoy with Ryan. I love it when life turns out differently then you thought.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment