school

school

Thursday, October 30, 2008

The big day finally came

So as many of you know I was so ready to be done with my pregnancy. Well God answered that prayer on Friday night October 24th. Bill, Ryan and I had gone grocery shopping and were in the car on the way home when my water broke. I was like um Bill my water just broke and he was like seriously!! The reason he was in shock was because of our families baby pool. When Ryan was born we each picked a day that we thought he would be born on and then put a dollar in the pot. Well my dad picked February 25th which was a little over two weeks from my due date. We were like dad that is not going to happen. Well sure enough Ryan was born on February 25th. So this time my dad also picked the 25th which was also a little over two weeks from my due date. So when my water broke on the 24th just like it did with Ryan we were both in shock. I thought no way could he be right twice. Boy was I wrong!! Not that I was complaining, I was so happy to be having the baby. As you can imagine my dad was very excited to be right twice.

So after nine hours of labor (not fun I might add) Blake Thomas Butler entered the world at 3:13 am. He weighed 6lbs 9oz and was 19 in long. What a miracle giving birth is. One minute he is inside you and the next he is this perfect breathing baby that you can hold. I don't think I will ever forget that moment they layed him on my chest. What an amazing feeling.




Ryan was so excited to meet Blake. I was so happy at his reaction. He loves his brother.


My family has enjoyed having a little baby in the family again.
Blake is a wonderful baby and loves to sleep. I have to wake him up to feed him and sometimes he just really wants to sleep. I am hoping today I can get a picture of him with his eyes open as he sleeps so much it is hard to get him when he is awake!! We thank God so much for this wonderful blessing He gave us.

4 comments:

Emily said...

YAY! I was wondering when you were going to post pictures of your little man! :) What a doll and I LOVE the hair! Congratulations to you and your family. Blake was born into a wonderful home.

The Jacobs said...

Yea! We can't wait to meet him.

Laura said...

Congrats!! He is too cute and I love the name!

Beth said...

My new nephew (and other nephew Ryan) is absolutely beautiful!!! I can't wait to hold him. Congratulations!!!!!

Love, Beth (and Brian too)