As many of you know this pregnancy was very hard for me. I had gestational diabetes and was on a strict diet and it was just harder on my body. I was ready for this baby. Both Ryan and Blake were born at 38 weeks and so I just assumed this one would be the same... well I was wrong. 38 weeks came and went and still no baby. However on January 26th 1 day short of 39 weeks at 3:00am my water broke. I was so excited to wake up Bill and tell them it was time to have the baby. Both the boys were born about 9 hours after my water broke....she decided to come 18 hours later. Most of those hours I was in the hospital just hanging out and watching TV feeling nothing. After 9 hours of this they put me on pitocin and 6 hours after that I finally went into labor. My labor was only three hours but pretty intense. I did it all natural with no drugs again for the third time. I must admit I did waiver at one point but ended up staying strong. Luckily my labor was short or I do not think I could have done that. Finally at 9:10pm Claire Christine was born weighing 6lbs 15oz and 19 inches long.
My mom was able to be at Claire's birth which was so special to me and to her. She told me it was one of the most amazing things she has ever seen. I am so glad I got to share this experience with her. What a wonderful memory it will be.
Right after she was born they put her skin to skin for about a half an hour. I did not have this with the boys and it was so nice to have her there for that moment. I was so joyful to have her here and healthy. 
The happy parents!!
Getting checked out...not too happy about it.
I love this picture..so precious. 

I had not eaten for 18 hours and was starving. Claire was nursing right when my meal came and so my wonderful husband fed me. I have no idea what I ate but it was delicious!!
Proud Nana!!
Daddy and his daughter
Our precious Claire.
I am so glad that her birth went smoothly...what an answer to prayer. I had a hard time at first really believing that she was a she. I think I called her he a couple of times... habit I guess. Bill even said I cannot believe we actually have a girl. She is such a blessing. Welcome to the world Claire Christine.
2 comments:
Yeah! We can't wait to meet her. I know Merrick has gotten a chance to talk to Bill, but I have really wanted to pass on my congrats and tell you all how excited we are that she is here, and healthy and now there is another baby Claire to love. How fun!!! =)
great photos!
Can't wait to meet her!re
Post a Comment