school

school

Friday, January 25, 2013

A Mothers Musings

A year ago tonight I went to bed hoping and praying that it would be the night that I would have the baby.  I was so happy to wake up at 3:00am and tell Bill it was time to go to the hospital and have our daughter.  She did make me wait 18 hours but it was sure worth the wait.  This past year has been amazing watching Claire go from a tiny baby to a little girl.  She has opened my eyes to the world of pink and girly things which has been so fun.  I had to learn to do hair and coordinate clothes with socks and bows.  Who knew there were so many shades of pink!!  I have had a blast buying clothes for her and all the accessories that go along with that.  Our house is now not only filled with cars and legos but dolls, strollers and princess books. 
I must admit that it has been hard for me to think about Claire turning one.  She is my last baby and I am having a little bit of sadness knowing that I will never be pregnant again, never have a tiny baby, and soon will stop nursing for the last time.  I get pretty teary eyed when I really think about it.  I do really enjoy the first year of my kid's lives.  Even though it is exhausting it is a time that my mothers heart really treasures.  When Ryan and Blake turned one I knew in the back of my mind that we would have another baby so it was not so bad to see them grow up.  This time is quite different.  Even though I am excited for her and the boys to grow up and see how they develop, knowing that I will not experience that first year again is bittersweet. 
 
I know that we were meant to have three kids.  I feel blessed that I have two boys and a girl.  When I really think about it I do feel complete in our family... I guess I am just mourning the loss of the baby stage.  I know that as they get older I will adjust and each life stage will bring me such joy.  I am looking forward to what God has in store for each of my children.
 
Here is a look back....
 
Ryan Michael 

 
Blake Thomas
 
Claire Christine

No comments: