school

school

Sunday, April 20, 2008

It's been a while

I am finally getting a chance to put something on my blog. It has been a long couple of weeks helping my parents recover from surgery. They are both home and doing good. My mom is healing a little slower than my dad but still doing good.

So here are some things that happened over the last two weeks.

My whole family are big fans of the Soap General Hospital, even my mom and dad. So in the hospital one of their doctors looked just like the character Johnny Zacarra on the show. My dad told him this before they went into surgery and I think the Dr. thought he was crazy!! So the whole time in the hospital we kept calling him Dr. Johnny Zacarra. The funny thing is his first name was John. So that brought some laughter to a tough time.

Now that my mom and dad are home my sisters and I have becomevery good at being the nurses. My dad takes about 50 pills a day and has to take his blood pressure, temperature and some of the pills four times a day. Here is my sister helping him during one of these times.
My sister Kim and I have gotten very good at counting out my dad's pills and putting them in a huge pill box for each week.

When my parents first came home Ryan and I stayed there overnight a couple of nights. To Ryan this was great being able to spend the night at Nana and Papa's house. My sister Kim was staying there also. One night before Ryan went to bed they were watching Disney Pixar trailers on the computer. They found a Finding Nemo one that Ryan really liked. So from that night on he couldn't go to bed until he and his Aunt Kim would watch the video.

My mom has been pretty sore and I think it has been a little hard on Ryan to not be able to play with his Nana. So one night my mom was sitting in the chair and Ryan decided to bring her some of his toys. Well when you see the next picture you can see how much stuff he brought her...


He covered her with all the couch pillows and under those pillows all his toys. My mom was a really good sport.

So these are some of the things that happened while taking care of my parents. Ryan and I also took a day and went to the library and then to Chuck -E-Cheeses with some friends which we both really enjoyed. I am so thankful that my parents are out of surgery and on the road to recovery.

No comments: