While Bill's mom and dad were visiting we decided it would be fun to go to the Long Beach aquarium. It was a beautiful sunny day. Ryan really enjoyed all the fish and animals. The first thing he wanted to see was the eels and when we got there he was dismayed that they were not sticking out of the rocks but swimming around. He promptly told me to go in there and put them in the holes. I nicely declined to do that!!


So Joane, Bill's mom, decided to buy nectar and feed the birds. Well this bird after it had had enough nectar climbed up to her shoulder pooping the whole way and then tried to eat her shirt. She shooed it away and it landed on another guy and it started pecking at his face. It was pretty funny. I don't think Joane will be doing that again!!
So we were looking at the Seahorse exhibit and this one had a huge belly. I said that one looks pregnant. (Came to find out that males carry the eggs). All of the sudden it started to contort its body and out of a hole in the middle of its stomach shot a tiny baby seahorse and swam away. I was like I just saw a seahorse give birth. It was definitely one of the weirdest things I have ever seen!!!

The whole day Ryan kept saying that he wanted to see a Sea Turtle. Finally at the end of the day we came across the exhibit and to Ryan's delight it was right by the window laying on the ground and not swimming. I thought this picture was so precious.
It was a great day.
1 comment:
That is crazy about the seahorses! What are the odds?! Very cool.
Post a Comment