school

school

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

New Floors

Since purchasing our house we have been slowly doing some updates.  Over the summer we decided to tear up the carpet and resurface the hardwoods underneath.   I had always grown up with carpet and was not sure if I would like having hardwoods.  Bill promised me that I would like it.  The day after we got them put in Blake spilled his bowl of cereal all over the floor.  That was the moment I realized how nice these floors are because that would have been a pain to get milk out of the carpet.  I must say that me and the broom are very good friends now and sweeping has become a twice daily occurrence but all in all I am really glad that we made this change.  Bill ripped out all the carpet the night before which was quite a job.   
The finished project.
 Claire found a roll of paper towels and had a blast wiping it on the new floor. 
I have enlisted the kids to help me keep up with all the sweeping. 
I found Blake watching TV like this.  Apparently he did not miss the carpet.

No comments: