school

school

Friday, February 8, 2008

Tough Thinking

I had my first moms group of the semester yesterday. Our speaker was a lawyer who specializes in making wills and trusts. One main question is where will your kids go if something happens to both you and your husband. What a sobering thought. It is incomprehensible to think of not being here to raise Ryan. It is bad enough to think of him growing up without us but to also think of someone who will raise him and love him as much as we do is even harder. I have heard that you should choose someone most like you... but who is really most like me. It is a tough thing to think about. I had heard a lawyer a couple of years ago on the same subject. I came home all fired up to go and have a will done. Of course that never happened. I think it is easier to ignore it and not think that something like that will ever happen. Although, it very well could. And I would rather have something in writing than have the state take over and then who knows what would happen to my children.

I just need to continue to pray that God protects Bill and I and that we can be here for the long haul of parenting. And that He will give us the wisdom to choose who will be the best to raise our children if we are not able to. God knows how our lives are going to turn out and I need to just put it in His hands.

Well, this was not a very uplifting!!! I promise to be more upbeat next time!!! Just thought I would share my heart.

No comments: