The Lord is Risen. I love waking up on Easter morning knowing that Jesus is alive and we can celebrate this joyous day. Easter morning started with a mini egg hunt for Ryan. I hid eggs in our living room and he had so much fun finding them.
Even Blake found some eggs!!
The last thing to find was their Easter baskets.
Ryan again had fun finding the eggs in my parents backyard. I told him to enjoy it because next year he will have some competition from his brother!!
Every night at dinner we have been telling the Easter story to Ryan. I bought some resurrection eggs at the Christian bookstore and we have been using those to go along with the story. It is amazing to watch how this little four year old is trying to grasp the meaning of the story, how mean they were to Jesus and why he had to die on the cross. I know that each year we tell the story he will understand it more and more. So on Easter we opened the last egg and it was empty to represent the empty tomb. It was a wonderful ending to the story!!
And to end this Easter blog here are some pictures of my family in our Easter outfits!!
I hope you all had a wonderful Easter.
1 comment:
Hi Andrea!
It was fun to see all of these new posts!
I am glad you are enjoying time and traditions with your family and are settled in to life as a mom of 2!
Have a great day!
Michelle
Post a Comment